Most of our battles are with the demons inside our head. Every now and then, if we could check on our emotions, we will be surprised that our brains are sending out wrong vibes into the universe and attracting those things which should not be a part of our life. Creative people struggle more with emotions, because they feel everything deeply. At 25, I regret having fed my demons and allowing them to take so much space in my head and life.
Few years back, I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). PCOS messes with the hormones and the medications can make life miserable. I was moody, angry and most of the time, I had no control over my emotions. Although I am completely healed, I struggle with flashes of depression every now and then. But I have taken a decision to overcome and become mentally healthy and I follow these rules –
- When you are overwhelmed with an emotion, PAUSE.
- If feel hopeless, fool your brain – You can either make up a good situation or recollect something you really enjoyed
- Do not listen to emotional songs. Stay away from quotes, books, songs that will not allow you to move on and feel the next emotion.
- Hang around with people who can help you. When they help, there can be a tendency to push them off. But it is necessary to overcome if you have to enjoy the present.
- Keep yourself healthy. Exercise, eat healthy food.
- Train your brain to stimulate only positive thoughts.
- It is very easy to stay away from people and corner yourself in a closed room – DO NOT DO THIS.
Sometime your biggest enemy can be YOU. While others can see great potential, you will find yourself drowning in something beyond your control. Release the negative, and smile.